Next live podcast: Sunday, October 22nd with Mike Spiegelman and Carl. 2pm PST on mutinyradio.fm

Monday, May 29, 2017

5/21/17 Episode 50: Surf II (1984)


Listen to Let's Watch A Full-Length Movie on YouTube podcast and watch Surf II (1984), embedded above, at the same time. Start with the podcast. Click here to launch podcast in a separate browser.

The whole point of this podcast is to watch rare movies that pop up on YouTube. So we celebrate our fiftieth podcast with the super-rare classic, Surf II (1984), "the end of the trilogy," there is no Surf I. I saw this once in the mid-80's on cable, then I saw the VHS box at PathMark, and that's it. Never seen it again, and I'd checked Tower Records Outlet, Blockbusters clearance racks, and flea markets. Now it's on YouTube.

I remember every detail from my sole viewing, that's how good this movie is. Soundtrack's good, too.

Comedian Howard Stone joins co-host Carl and myself and, after the movie, tells us how he spent a speed dating night entirely in character as "former child actor and ex-con," Bolero Hattfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment